In today's world, we are surrounded by technology at home, at work, and in our cars. Especially since technology is such a large part of our lives, it's more important than ever to be safe when we're using digital devices. Whether you are shopping, working, or playing online, it's important to always keep your safety in mind.
There are steps you can take to help protect yourself online. These include not giving out personal information to sources you do not know or trust, verifying the validity of websites you visit, using caution with public Wi-Fi, and using strong passwords.
- How to Check if a Website Is Safe: Use these handy tips to know how to identify safe websites.
- Top Tips for Internet Safety at Work: Internet safety is important at work and at home, and these tips can help you stay safe online at work.
- Kids and Digital Media: Digital media can be overwhelming for kids, and this guide can help them navigate it with the help of an adult.
- Five Ways to Prevent a Personal Cyber-Attack: Cyber-attacks can leave lasting effects, but doing these five things can greatly decrease the chances of one happening to you.
- Internet Safety Tips: This guide covers many things you can do to keep yourself safe online.
- Tips for Using Public Wi-Fi Networks: It's important to recognize the differences between public and private networks and know what you should not do on a public network.
- Online Safety Tips for Teens: This document can guide teens through ways they can look out for their own safety online.
- Teens and Online Safety: This list is a fantastic resource for teens who want to stay safe anytime they use the Internet.
- Top Ten Internet Safety Rules and What Not to Do Online: If you follow these safety rules, you should be able to minimize your risk online.
- Online Safety Tips: These additional tips can help you stay as safe as possible online.
- Internet Safety for Kids: Teaching Kids About Internet Safety: There are some great ways listed here to teach kids how to stay safe online.
- Internet Safety Tips: These tips are great to help keep kids safe in an online environment.
Social Media Safety
While social media can be a positive influence on people and a way to connect with friends and family, these networks can also carry many risks. Social media is rife with people who try to gain personal information to take advantage of someone financially or even personally. Social media networks are often not safe for children who do not yet understand the idea of private information and are often just looking for new friends, not realizing the danger they are putting themselves in.
- Social Networking Sites: Make sure you are aware of what you can do to stay safe when using social networking sites.
- Social Media Safety: Understand overall social media safety as well as how it has the power to affect your employment.
- Best Practices: Safe Social Networking: This list can help you stay safe on any social media site, and there are also safety and security tips included here that are specific to Facebook.
- What You Post Matters: These tips will help you remember that anything on the Internet can last forever.
- Social Networking Safety: This review of privacy and security has some great information and additional resources.
The anonymity that the Internet can offer has led to a rising problem with cyberbullying. The perpetrator does not even have to know the victim to initiate bullying and intimidation techniques. It does not take a very brave person to bully someone while hidden safely behind a computer screen.
- Think Twice Before You Post Those Cute Kid Photos Online: Make sure you understand how pictures of children may be used before you post yours.
- Dealing With Cyberbullies: Here are some ideas for how to deal with cyberbullies.
- What Kids Can Do to Stop Bullying: If a child knows about or experiences cyberbullying, this guide can help them know what to do.
- What Parents Can Do About Cyberbullying: When parents are made aware that their child is involved in cyberbullying, there are steps they can take to stop it.
- Cyberbullying: What Should Students Do? This guide can walk students through the process of dealing with a cyberbully.
Viruses and Hacking
Different kinds of malware, like trojans and viruses, can infect your computer. Not only will these often make your computer not work properly, but malware can also result in data breaches and a lowered level of protection for your online and local data.
- Cleaning an Infected Computer of Malware: This guide will come in very handy if you ever have a computer that is infected with malware of any kind.
- Malware Removal Guide: Great ways to remove malware from your computer can be found here.
- Protecting Your Computer From Hackers: To prevent malware infections, you can take these steps ahead of time.
- Six Ways to Avoid Theft Online: Be proactive in preventing online theft by following these steps.
- Can You Trust That App? Find out how to tell if an app is trustworthy or not before installing it on your phone.
- Making Safer Financial Transactions Online: Learn the safest and best practices for any transactions you make online.
One of the most common issues people have with online safety is the danger of identity theft. Credit card numbers can be stolen using insecure websites and used to make fraudulent purchases. Sometimes, someone might even digitally take over another person's entire identity.
- Identity Theft and Your Social Security Number: Learn how people can gain access to your Social Security number and how that can hurt you.
- Protecting Your Personal Information: Identify what you can do to keep your personal information safe.
- Avoiding Identity Theft: Read about ways you can avoid identity theft.
- Prevention Methods for Identity Theft: Pick one or several of these methods to keep your identity safe online.
- Identity Theft: Learn not only what identity theft is but ways to avoid falling victim to it.
- Top Ten Tips for Identity Theft Protection: Find out the most popular and effective ways to prevent identity theft.
- Avoiding Online Tax Scams: Tax scams are a common online occurrence, and this guide will make sure you are safe against them.
- Cybercrime and Internet Fraud: Read about the different types of cybercrime and Internet fraud.
Online Shopping Safety Tips
When shopping online, be sure to use strong passwords, keep your credit card and other banking information secure, and not buy from unknown sites.
- Stay Safe Shopping Online: These tips can keep you and your information safe when you shop online.
- Ten Ways to Stay Safe When Shopping Online: Follow these tips to help you stay safe when shopping online.
- Online Shopping Safety: These online shopping strategies may be ones you have never heard of, and they can help you avoid scams.Close